Please read before joining:
What is a DYNA Youth Ambassador?
DYNA Youth Ambassadors are youth onset dysautonomia patients who wish to share a healthy attitude, support each other via a private forum and act as agents of the DYNA organization.
How do Youth Ambassadors connect?
DYNA Youth Ambassadors connect with and support one another via a Private Members Only online forum. All Youth Ambassadors are interviewed by phone before being accepted into the program.
What are the requirements?
Youth onset patients must initially join the program before the age 27 but can stay forever.
Once they become a DYNA Youth Ambassador they can remain in the program for life or they can resign at any time that they wish (and even rejoin later in life as long as they left as a member in good standing). Many of our Youth Ambassadors are so passionate about helping those that come after them that they remain in the program so we have all age groups.
Who are they?
The Youth Ambassador Program consists of youth onset dysautonomia patients from all walks of life.
Youth Ambassadors can be young, newly diagnosed, school age patients or young adult, experienced patients. We have students and professionals in the program.
Youth Ambassadors are amazing and caring young people.
According to the official dictionary definition: An “ambassador” is: an official envoy, a diplomatic agent of the highest rank accredited as a representative. An authorized messenger.
The DYNA Youth Ambassador Program provides an opportunity for youth/young adult dysautonomia patients to:
- Serve as an Ambassadors for the DYNA organization according to the definition stated above.
- Turn a time of crisis into a time of growth, strength, and meaning.
- Discover the healing power of helping others through active participation in the Youth Ambassador Private Members Only On-line Forum and DYNA activities and events.
- Utilize DYNA Awareness Campaigns to: promote awareness/research/support for DYNA, its Youth Ambassadors and youth onset dysautonomia conditions.
- Represent the DYNA organization and dysautonomia conditions in dignified, responsible, respectful manner.
- Share and promote an attitude of perseverance, resilience, and determination in spite of medical obstacles and hardships.
- Receive/provide responsible mentoring.
- Boot camp for recovery (work hard during the recovery process).
- Build coping skills.
- Improve their potential.
- Live their recovery not their illness.
- Celebrate life.
Youth Ambassadors are invited to an Annual Private Membership only conference each summer to meet each other in person, learn about their conditions, build their coping skills, and celebrate their service to the DYNA organization. This safe, intimate conference has been held since 2000 and is endorsed as the "best conference for youth and young adult onset patients" by the top physicans in the dysautonomia community.
If you meet the above criteria: