Founded in 1999 and professionally certified as a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization in 2002, the Dysautonomia Youth Network of America, Inc. (DYNA) is the first and only 501(c) (3) non-profit organization in existence specifically for childhood/adolescent/young adult onset dysautonomia conditions.
With over a decade of in-depth experience, and professional guidance and leadership, DYNA has become the forerunner in developing programs that benefit all individuals impacted by dysautonomia conditions. The organization proudly serves patients, caregivers, families, physicians, researchers, educators and the public at large.
The community served by DYNA reflects the demographic trends of dysautonomia conditions. For instance, while our membership includes male patients and our current age range is from birth to 38, due to the nature of the conditions, the majority of our members are female and of the adolescent and young adult age range (age 26 and under). Most DYNA members reside in the United States but some members hail from as far away as Australia, New Zealand, Scotland, England, South America, and Singapore. In addition to our members reflecting the geographical diversity of dysautonomia conditions, they also reflect the diversity of dysautonomia conditions themselves. Our members battle a host of conditions such as Post-Viral Dysautonomia, Generalized Autonomic Failure, Neurocardiogenic Syncope (NCS)/Vasovagal Syncope, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS), Neurally Mediated Hypotension (NMH), Post-Viral Dysautonomia, and Non-Familial Dysautonomia.
DYNA helps by:
- Supporting/serving a marginalized patient population.
- Providing one-on-one private mentorship to patients and caregivers.
- Advancing/promoting medical research of dysautonomia conditions.
- Advancing/promoting supportive treatment modalities of dysautonomia conditions.
- Encouraging change through advocacy and awareness programs.
- Facilitating professional, school, community support and education.
- Providing programs and services that help patients with dysautonomia improve their quality of life, obtain better symptom management, and succeed in living independent, self-supporting, productive and happy lives.
- Providing patients, caregivers, and families with "A Ray of Hope."
DYNA is professionally endorsed by many of the best physicians in the field of dysautonomia as THE PLACE to turn to for balanced, accurate, trustworthy, reliable information regarding dysautonomia. The DYNA organization follows the direction and guidance of a professional Medical Advisory Board and has exclusive access to the leaders in this field. DYNA is distinctly qualified to provide the public with responsible, medically endorsed information, support and services.
Feel free to call our office to learn more or obtain support.
If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.
Our Mailing Address:
1301 Greengate Court
Waldorf, MD 20601
Our Contact Numbers:
Phone (301) 705-6995 (Office Hours are 9 AM - 5 PM Eastern Standard Time)
View Who We Are
Read about The High Jumping Dizzy Dysautonomia Frogs - DYNA's Korny Little Story of Inspiration.
Order our Informative Video Lecture on Dysautonomia