Youth ambassador motto:
" When "I" is replaced by "We" even illness turns into wellness."
What is the youth ambassador program?
The Youth Ambassador Program is a very unique PRIVATE MEMBERSHIP program that connects outstanding young people diagnosed with dysautonomia conditions who wish to share a healthy attitude, support each other and act as agents of the DYNA organization.
DYNA serves everyone with dysautonomia through our main office - but our unique PRIVATE Youth Ambassador Program is for young people who wish to connect via our private on-line forum, represent DYNA as Ambassadors of the organization and be part of a productive team effort. Youth Ambassadors are amazing and caring young people who are helping each other and making a difference in the world!
A DYNA Youth Ambassador is a representative, agent and steward of the DYNA organization.
According to the official dictionary definition: An “ambassador” is: an official envoy, a diplomatic agent of the highest rank accredited as a representative. An authorized messenger.
For many of our members, the DYNA Youth Ambassador has become a passionate life-time commitment to each other and to the DYNA organization.
The Youth Ambassador Program provides an opportunity for youth/young adult dysautonomia patients to:
- Serve as an Ambassadors for the DYNA organization according to the definition stated above.
- Turn a time of crisis into a time of growth, strength, and meaning.
- Utilize DYNA Awareness Campaigns to: promote awareness/research/support for DYNA, its Youth Ambassadors and youth onset dysautonomia conditions.
- Represent the DYNA organization and dysautonomia conditions in dignified, responsible, respectful manner.
- Discover the healing power of helping others through active participation in the Youth Ambassador private forum and DYNA activities and events.
- Share and promote an attitude of perseverance, resilience, and determination in spite of medical obstacles and hardships.
- Receive responsible mentoring from the qualified sources within DYNA.
- Boot camp for recovery (work hard during the recovery process).
- Build coping skills.
- Improve their potential.
- Live their recovery not their illness.
- Celebrate life.
Youth Ambassadors and their families promote dysautonomia awareness on behalf of the DYNA organization and in support of all youth/young adult patients.
They connect with and support one another via a private internet forum where they have the opportunity to share the process of living a successful life while pursuing their recovery.
They are invited to a private membership only conference each summer to meet each other in person, learn about their conditions, build their coping skills, and celebrate their service to the DYNA organization.
The Youth Ambassador Program is open to young people afflicted with dysautonomia conditions who wish to live a healthy life-style, serve the organization, and support other Youth Ambassadors.
The youth ambassadors program is not
- NOT a place to hold pity parties.
- NOT a place to promote drama.
- NOT a place to endorse alternative or controversial treatment options.
- NOT a place for individual self-promotion.
- NOT a place to solicit.
- NOT a place for those who do not want to participate on a regular basis.
- NOT a place for those who do not want to reach out to others.
- NOT a place for those who just want to attend DYNA's Patient/ Caregiver Conference.
- NOT a place for Internet dating relationships or teen popularity contests.
What youth ambassadors do
DYNA Youth Ambassadors support the mission of the organization by:
- Providing support to other patients via our private Internet Forum.
- Organizing awareness and fundraising events for DYNA via projects of their choice.
- Advocating on behalf of the DYNA organization and dysautonomia conditions.
- Spreading accurate information, awareness and publicity of the DYNA organization and dysautonomia conditions.
- Promoting public initiatives in support of DYNA and dysautonomia conditions.
- Encouraging reliable and accurate information of dysautonomia conditions.
- Representing DYNA and dysautonomia conditions in a productive manner.
Respect for policies is required
Membership to the DYNA Youth Ambassadors Program comes with rewards and obligations. This very special volunteer program has stringent privacy policies and follows strict Internet safety rules. This program is very highly respected in the dysautonomia medical community.